Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cornhole anyone?





I guess we are a little behind on the cornhole craze but since we love playing when we go to our friends house we decided to make a set of our own. Back before I started scrapbooking I enjoyed wood working. I used to cut my own pieces and paint them but it had been at least 14 or 15 years since I had made anything. After a half dozen trips to different places to get all the supplies I needed we set into making our cornhole bags and boards. Jeff helped me making the cuts and I built them. After a while of searching on the internet for my paint scheme I settled on a UK vs. Louisville theme. I printed off pics on the internet that I wanted to use and then traced them onto my boards using a projector. After 3 days of painting here is the end result. All though it was a pretty tedious process I really enjoyed getting back to a hobby I had long forgotten. I'm real happy with how these turned out and I can't wait to start on a second set with possibly a Nascar theme.

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job on these. Probably a dumb ?, but what is cornhole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what a corn hole is either! LOL! Great job, though!

    I left you a blog award on my blog, so come on over and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Thank you! Cornhole is kind of like a grown up version of a beanbag toss. It's kind of like pitching horse shoes if you've ever played that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on these. Thanks for explaining Cornhole. I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete